Pasikudah Beach Cabanas | Amethyst Resort
PASSIKUDAH BEACH | EAST COAST| SRI LANKA
1 hr from Polonnaruwa. 5 Hrs from Colombo International Airport. Alternatively, you can take the Seaplane.
The undisturbed, pristine coastline, with golden sands and clear blue waters form the beautiful region of Passikudah(Pasikuda). Google Maps calls it one the prettiest beaches in the world. Situated about 28km North of Batticaloa town, in the Batticaloa District, of the Eastern Province of Sri Lanka, Passikudah(Pasikuda) is an approximate 5 hour journey from the Capital, Colombo, by road. The Bay of Passikudah is a crescent-moon shaped inlet of shallow water. The bay is flat and sandy, and has a very soothing effect on the feet. Its panoramic views and clear, cool waters, ideal for swimming has made it a much sought after destination by holiday makers.
• Beach lovers
• Beach holidays from April to October
• Total relaxation in a genuine and unspoilt area not much affected by mass tourism
• Fish and seafood lovers: the fish in the East coast is simply amazing
• Those who want to combine beach holiday and cultural sites, as the Cultural Triangle is not far away
ROOMSThe property comprises of 97 luxury rooms equipped with every conceivable modern amenity, a fresh water pool that is set by the edge of the Ocean, a pool bar to quench your thirst and "the Barrel Bar" - an archetypal pub which serves a variety of beverages and pub foods together with "Taprobane", serves the best seafood specialities on the Eastern coast, give several dining options during your stay.
Luxury Beach Cabanas
The ultimate high-tech, personal hideaway would be our luxury cabanas facing the bay of Passikudah(Pasikuda). Relax and enjoy the seclusion and privacy with spectacular views of calm, clear blue waters in this spacious setting. Each room comes with an adjoining private verandah opening out to the beach. An ideal place from which to enjoy the glorious sunsets as the sun sinks below the sea.
Our spacious water-view cabanas face the beautiful flowing stream on the bay of Passikudah. Each cabana has its own private verandah facing the stream and is an idyllic setting to relax in, listning to the soft soothing murmurs of flowing water.
FOOD & AMENITIES
The spectacular swimming pool is a delight to the guests: anyway, there is a fine beach and warm stretch of ocean to swim in right nearby. Naturally, when the pool is dripping with scenery. The elegant 100ft X 40ft outdoor pool is open from 7.00 am - 9.00 pm daily. Together with a kiddies' pool and a lovely Jacuzzi to provide an added invigorating touch to your relaxation.
The Barrel - Pub
"We'll have a Barrel of fun" rings true here in more ways than one. The Barrel is a trendy Mediterranean-style pub offering a wide range of Cocktails, the best Beers, and a wide array of alcohol to keep you in 'High Spirits', accompanied with mouth-watering seafood light bites and snacks.
The deck of the pub provides a scenic view of a water fountain emerging from the river–a delightful ambience to relax with a nicely chilled beverage in the evening. The Barrel is fully equipped with the latest sounds and lights to provide both smooth vibes and fun filled entertainment in the form of Karaoke music, to complete your night of memories in Passikudah(Pasikuda).
The 'Kool' Pool Bar
The fabulous pool bar is the ideal spot to enjoy light snacks as well as a choice of refreshing and invigorating cocktails by the pool. You can sip to your heart's content while taking in the views of blue on blue, with the pool and ocean nearby. Or simply watch your children splash around happily and give yourself a break; and indulge in a lovely fusion of fun and delightful repose.
Open: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Taprobane - restaurant with seafood specialities
This charming restaurant overlooking the stream creates an unparalleled seafood dining experience. Indulge in fresh seafood that the region is famous for, transformed into sumptuous, mouth-watering cuisine by our master-chefs. Simply put - its a seafood lover's dream. It serves the best of seafood in the eastern province with an emphasis on variety, freshness and quality to guests. From the deep straight to the dish - make your selection fresh, from the catch of the day.
ACTIVITIES NEARBY• Passikudah Bay: Nature lovers will be pleased to find that the bay of Passikudah(Pasikuda) comprises of a shallow fringing coral reef towards the outer bay with scattered coral communities within. Proposed as a Marine Sanctuary by NARA, it is one of the best-known reef systems in the East.
• Batticaloa Lagoon (34.2 km, 32 mins.) There are several islands within the Batticaloa Lagoon such as Puliayantheevu, Buffaloa Island, and Bone Island. Many bridges have been built across the lagoon connecting the landmasses and the islands. The biggest bridge of all is Lady Manning Bridge located at Kallady. The Kallady lagoon is home to the famous 'singing fish'. In the months of April and September on moonlit nights, you can hear a musical vibration emanating from the waters. The 'singing' is best heard from a boat, by placing to the ear an oar or a walking stick dipped in the water.
• Archaeological excursions in Polonnaruwa – (72.9 km, approx 1 hour). Sri Lanka's richest archaeological heritage sites, which remind us of this islands true heritage, which is over 2500 years old, can be found within the cultural triangle. The ancient city of Polonnaruwa remains one of the best planned archaeological relic sites in the country, standing testimony to the discipline and greatness of the Kingdom's first rulers. The ancient city of Polonnaruwa has been declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO. The massive buildings, parks, shrines and sacred places made the city one of the most beautiful of the ancient kingdoms. Its beauty was also used as a backdrop to filmed scenes for the Duran Duran music video Save a Prayer in 1982.
• Whale watching in Trincomalee: Sri Lanka is fast becoming a hot spot for watching Whales and Dolphins. Whale watching has now become firmly established during the East Coast Season. Between March to August, Trincomalee has high strike rates for Blue Whales and Sperm Whales and even higher for Dolphins, mainly Spinner Dolphins.
• Minneriya National Park – (85.8 km, 1 hour 19 mins): Dominated by the ancient Minneriya Tank, this national park is renowned for its toque macaques, sambar deer, leopards and elephants – to name a few. Lonely Planet, has named the "elephant gathering" of Minneriya as one of the World's "10 greatest wildlife spectaculars."
• Sigiriya Rock Fortress -(126 km, approx. 2 hours): Sigiriya is believed to contain the ruins of an ancient palace complex, built during the reign of King Kasyapa (477AD - 495 AD). It is one of the 8 world heritage sites in Sri Lanka and is renowned for its ancient paintings (frescoes) British explorer John Still in 1907 suggested, "The whole face of the hill appears to have been a gigantic picture gallery... the largest picture in the world perhaps". It is also considered one of the most important, elaborate and imaginative urban planning sites of the first millennium that combined concepts of symmetry and asymmetry to intentionally interlock the man-made geometrical and natural forms of the surroundings.
Valid from 1st November 2013 to 30th April 2014
From 110 US$/night per Room on a DBL sharing basis. MINIMUM 3 NIGHTS BOOKING IN THIS PROPERTY OR IN A COMBINATION OF PROPERTIES.
Please enquire for specific rates and periods. All our rates include taxes, Service charges & Tourism taxes (if applicable). In the event it is not included, we will be stating it with our holiday quote.